Logo

Water in oil on 2005 BF150

Patg

I recently replaced my old BF130s with two BF150s from a 2006 model year boat. Both motors have less than 600 hours and have ran flawless before last week. The powerhead serial number from port engine is:BANJ 1100055. Is this a 2005? I pulled the chain case and I feel this is probably where the water is coming from.. There is corrosion, rust and the gasket looks very flat..Appreciate opinions as I do not want to go further and pull head to look for gasket issues there. I ruined the chain case, can someone please tell me the correct part number as there are two numbers listed for the 2005. I also got a MIL and warning and healtech diagnostic indicated a bad 02 sensor. Are the aftermarket 02 sensors available adequate or do I have to buy the expensive honda 02 sensor for BF150s? Patchain case 1.jpgchain case 2.jpg

The most common issue with these is a pinhole in an exhaust port causing a misfire, O2 aensor fault and water in the oil. It would pay to remove the exhaust manifold and look inside the ports. I wouldn't be certain your water entry is from the chain case.

I replaced chain case with upgraded sensors, thermostats etc, new head gasket, put all together and ran on the muffs for approx 15 minutes...same result as before..water in the oil. What should i be doing next? Any other area where water is getting into crankcase? Should i just bite the bullet and put in new cyl head?head gasket.jpgcyl head after cleaning.jpgpowerhead.jpg

Have the head pressure tested to verify where the leak is. Clean out the inside of the block thoroughly and check for pitting cafefully using a flash light.

Back