Logo

volvo penta aq 125b

kevan burns

hi there i was wondering if anyone can help me ? i have what i believe to be a volvo penta aq125b with 270 drive , this was identified through having the fresh water system with expansion tank and heat exchanger , is there any other way of confirming this as im a novice and all i can say is it looks identical to the picture of a aq125b please help kev

There should be a small black/gold id tag on the engine near the starter. It is riveted on. It will tell you what you have.

on the side of the engine block just below the oil filter there is a pad with the motor numbers on it,the first two are the year and so forth.

thank you just found our first numbers on the engine the numbers are 81d409 does anyone know what engine this makes it , sorry but i am a complete novice , i really appreciate your input and help kev

hi again i just found out the aq120b was only made until 1980 and if the numbers found under the oil filter represent the age 81 D409 its an 81 , does anyone have any ideas ??

hi there
im looking for a cylinder head for this engine now would one from a 131a fit? iv been told there the same and have found it online and dont want to buy it until i know if it will fit ? thanks guys

Your best bet wouold be an automotive head from a B230 block. Say from an 85-93 244 Volvo or from an 85-92 Volvo 740, 8 valve non-turbo. You will need to install the old camshaft on the automotive head.

Back