Logo

Volvo penta 431 wouldnt start crank but some buzzing noise around engine

garik

"questin/help...
so i have 19

"questin/help...
so i have 1992 boat with 4.3 VP.

first it started with starting clicking (sounding like starter is going out or low battery) replaced both. same problem still exist, but with some time now it wouldnt even click the starter, but there is some buzzing noise around breaker/starter relay. i replaced both relays, same, what else can it be, anyone? and on the other hand, after trying to start it, all of a sudden it would start just fine.

thank you for your answers in advance!"

"WOW. so last night found out

"WOW. so last night found out it was the kill switch that was bad. replaced that and no more problems. Eric, thank you for your input.

i had a switch by the battery that i could turn off and everything was off on the boat, that ended up being the problem."

"WOW. so last night found out

"WOW. so last night found out it was the kill switch that was bad. replaced that and no more problems. Eric, thank you for your input.

i had a switch by the battery that i could turn off and everything was off on the boat, that ended up being the problem."
Hi Garik, having similar issue when I turn ignition motor starter won't crank but relay makes buzzing noise . Could you tell me where that kill switch is located ?
Kindly

Ayuh,..... You'll have better luck for answers if you start a thread of yer own,.....
This antique is almost 20 years old,.....

Back