Logo

Volvo 2006 5.7 OSXI-XDP - Difficulty Steering

Gierkink

[FONT=&quot]I have a 2006 24’ LIMESTONE Mid-Engine Cuddy Cabin, with a Volvo 5.7 OSXI-XDP Composite Duo-Prop Stern Drive. I’m having difficulty steering the boat when under power. As soon as I let of on the throttle the wheel is easy to turn. When under power the wheel is very stiff and difficult to turn. The boat is in salt water and hasn't been used much this summer. Any ideas as to what the problem might be?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I’m new to boating so please keep this in mind in any reply you’re able to provide. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thank you.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Rob[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Re: Volvo 5.7 OSXI-XDP - Difficulty Steering

Do you have power steering? If so check fluid level as well as belt tension. I have 7.4 which belt has become loose.

Do you have power steering? If so check fluid level as well as belt tension. I have 7.4 which belt has become loose.

Thanks for this reply. I'll check the power steering fluid and belt to see if that's the issue.
Rob

holgatelbi,
You called it. Power steering fluid was low due to a crack in a rubber plug on the end of a drain leading from the power steering pump. I'm not sure what this drain is for but a new rubber stopper will fix the problem.
Thanks so much for the support!

Rob

Back