Logo

Vibrating Boat

• Thread starter Elizabeth Campbell
  • Start date
E

Elizabeth Campbell

" Today we hit what we think w

" Today we hit what we think was a stump in the water and the boat seemed to run fine at 3000RPM, but going at higher speeds towards 5000 RPM, the boat seemed to vibrate/shake. Is it possible that hitting something could cause vibration to the motor/boat? We have a Mercury 4-stroke 2001/2002. Or could it be that that motor wasn't trimmed down in the water. I was almost certain that it was trimmed down, but was also very shaken up about hitting something.

Thanks for your help! "

" Hi Elizabeth; If I was you I

" Hi Elizabeth; If I was you I'd give that prop a good look, if you picked up a vibration I would give your prop a good check, how? run a hose to your motor in your yard put it in gear look at it from the side and and the rear, see if the prop is true or wobbles from the rear you can see if it's the shaft because the prop shaft nut will be out of true, (move around) do it asap because that problem does not go away on it's own and you'll do more damage, if it's the prop get a new one, sometimes you can take them to a propeller service for repair "

Back