Logo

Upgrade BF50pro to BF90

beto_chamorro

Good morning. I have a BF50 Pro engine from 2000. By serial number I know that it really is a BF75. Now I have the opportunity to get some carburetors for a BF90 engine. I wanted to know if just changing the carburetors would go from BF75 to BF90. I have read in some places that that alone is enough. it's true?

It is a BF50 Pro. not a normal BF50. Honda produced two versions of the pro. one with 75hp and another with 90hp. Mine is actually a 75CV, which is identical to the Bf75A, but for documentation reasons, it is legalized as a 50Pro with 50 HP. Ultimately the question is whether to go from the BF75A to the BF90A, changing the carburetors is enough?

Out of sheer curiosity, do you have a year and serial number, I have searched the net extensively and there's no sign of this motor?

This is the engine serial number. The sheet metal that is riveted.

BBAL4412594

I dont remember the year. I think is 2003

I found information on a forum, but I don't remember which one, where they said that the 50Pro were manufactured with both 75 and 90 hp.

If you look for the serial number in the Honda manuals, it shows that it is 75hp.

Back