Logo

Two Merc 115hp motors

mplen2955

Hi all - I have two 115hp motors (with one of them recently running very well!) and the serial numbers both suggest they are 1982 models (they each start with 609....) - but the graphics are different as you can see in the photo. Does anyone know the year difference of these two models (or why the graphics are different)? DSCN8379 sm front plate.jpg Thank you for any info anyone can provide!

The decals on the left do not appear to be factory " stock items "-------------------Google for ----nymarine-----find all the pictures / years of decals there.

DuPont Imron is a quality product...follow the directions. Somebody will tell you to get a can of WallyWorld spray paint. It will look nice when done but will never last more than a year in the sun.

Phantom Black is the colour. I used auto two pack.I stripped her to bare metal,primed with an etching primer,followed by a high build cellulose primer and four coats of the two pack.She's forty four years old, I sincerely hope it'll be another forty four before she needs done again

Back