Logo

Twin 1993 Yamaha 200s shaking during acceleration

Jaste70

Hey guys I have a 1993 2700 proline with twin 200 Yamaha V6 2 strokes. I bought this boat last year from a cousin and have done tons of work to get it back to the water. So the port side motor had a bad steering arm so I pulled both motors off the boat and completely tore the Port side motor apart and had to replace a lot of stuff just from lack of maintenance. So fast forward I put all new seals and impellers in both lowers new oil, new thermostats, new fuel pumps, new plugs and repainted both. So I done a test run at home just to make sure they were gonna fire and run and they did so I wanted to take it to the near by lake and put some load on it. Port side fired right up but it took a while to get the Starboard motor to crank, so got both running at idle just put them in gear and idled around by the ramp letting them get warm. As I started to accelerate both motors started shaking violently and the water sensor came on so I backed them back down to an idle and the alarms stopped and as did the shaking, I did this several times and it was both motors doing it at the same rpm at the same time. It just seems odd to me that all the sensors on both motors would be bad at the same time or both doing the exact same thing at the same time. I checked the plugs and they are clean no carbon or gas build up. Starboard motor finally shut off and wouldn't crank back up. Any ideas ?

Back