Logo

Trouble finding the right parts for 1972 vintage 100hp evinrude model 100293R. I can’t find the right shifting box and connections

Jerome Morris

I would appreciate any help I could get on this system. I don’t have a part number and don’t have the one that came off it to compare. I really want to buy the correct one because the ones I have found are expensive. It would really help if someone could help me with identifying the correct parts. Thank you in advance for your help. Jerome Morris

Your location ??----Have you done a complete evaluation of this motor ?-----You can test the electric shift without the control box.

Your location ??----Have you done a complete evaluation of this motor ?-----You can test the electric shift without the control box.
No sir I thought I would have to have it completed before I could check to see if it would run. I have put all new electrical parts in it. I am very excited about hearing it run! I am from East Tennessee just outside Knoxville. I would appreciate any and all information I could get on this engine and it’s controls. Thank you for replying.

No sir I thought I would have to have it completed before I could check to see if it would run. I have put all new electrical parts in it. I am very excited about hearing it run! I am from East Tennessee just outside Knoxville. I would appreciate any and all information I could get on this engine and it’s controls. Thank you for replying.
Could you possibly give me the information on how to proceed to try this engine. I have tried to start it but it doesn’t seem to fire. The engine has compression and turns over like it should. If you would be kind enough to let me know what to do to start it without the shirt box and cables I really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Back