Logo

Trim motor help

Aaronmrozek

Hello, I’m in the process of trying to repair my trim motor on a 115 two stroke outboard motor. I have the “black fill plug” model.

it was years ago when I got my hands on this pump and I touched things I regret touching. The valve body. But I believe I have it how it was originally installed. Or at least I can’t figure out an alternative way to put it together to do it wrong.

My problem is it gets locked up when trying to bleed and the motor works way harder than it should be. I have followed manual protocol tried plenty of alternative methods to try to get it to do something. With no luck. The manual isn’t very correct either. It doesn’t list some steps that need to be done or request steps that is impossible. I’ll give an example. It says to fill cylinder 3 inches from top them push memory piston down to the oil, that’s impossible because of vapor lock.

I like to think I’m a mechanically inclined person, I’m a motorcycle mechanic for a living. I’ve rebuilt the rest of the motor. I can’t figure this one out. I’d love some help or direction. I’d really like to avoid buying a new one. I don’t like getting beat!
I can supply any more info if needed. I didn’t want to drag this on.

Attachments

• DB07A7F7-CD33-44CE-A61E-9ADE71D67651.jpg
    DB07A7F7-CD33-44CE-A61E-9ADE71D67651.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 10
Back