Logo

Trim and Tilt Stuck in the Middle

rc71550

'96 Johnson 150hp - Trim and tilt stuck in the middle. Was on it's way up, stopped about halfway. You canhear the trim motor running when you push the button but the engine doesn't go up or down. Any ideas?

Release manual release valve two (2) turns and lift engine to its full tilt position. Fill fluid reservoir to overflowing, then replace fill screw. Tighten manual release valve. If this cures the problem, double check and refill the reservoir. Then clean the unit and look for leakage. Let us know what you find.

Thanks Joe! What type of fluid is used in the trim and tilt system and where is the fill cap located? Reason I'm asking is that the boat is in the water and it's hard to find things. Thanks a million for the information.
Rick [email protected]

I'm not sure where the reservoir fill is on that model so hopefully some other member will answer that question.

Also, PTT fluid can be purchased at your dealership of course BUT some members use a certain brand or type of automatic tranmission fluid (same stuff). I'm sure they'll inform you about that too.

Back