Logo

To The moderator, Why is this site so SLOW to open and go to posts???

Please try something for me as an experiment. In the lower left of this page there is a dropdown box that says "--eWA_v1". Click on the down arrow and select the "vB4 Default Style" option. This will strip the board down to display without our header and footer, search box, etc. It is the default board style before any changes where made. It will have some issues with sorting (it will display the archives above the new posts), but I am interested to see if it is faster for you. If it is, then the problem might be in the style and format changes we have made.

Bingo,..... I did as you asked Andrew,... Moved over to iboats for abit, then moved here as my normal sequence of events happens,...

Marinengines is behaving as it did before the changes.... I think I'll leave it at this setting for awhile,...
It's alittle odd, but much Faster...

Bondo,

Thanks... that's a big help for us to know that is faster for you in that default style. We can now focus on why.

As you mentioned you can leave it like that, it will work the same except that you won't have the header and footer and some of the sub-forums will be sorted strangely.

Best,
Andrew

Bondo,

Thanks...

Ayuh,... No Problem,... Glad to Help....

'o course, that's Why I'm here in the 1st place,... :)

Thanks Andrew,... I can get back to postin' abit now....
If you sort this thing out, I'll switch back to the other format...

Andrew, Thanks for the tip about getting this slow moving boating forum a bit faster, You have found away to pull it out of guardian mode for me as well, Thanks.:D:)

Last edited:
Back