Logo

tilt/trim issues

Redwing1998

I have a 2005 Regal with a 5.7 MAG MPI. The tilt/trim button works only periodically. Right now not at all. When it does work, it works fine. When it does not work (makes no noise at all) neither the switch built into the throttle controller (4000 II series) nor the transom tilt switch work. When it does work, both work.

Any ideas where I should start checking fro the problem? Thanks

intermittent operation generally indicates a faulty connection...check your ground connections for corrosion and tightness

intermittent operation generally indicates a faulty connection...check your ground connections for corrosion and tightness

Thanks,

I will double check all connections today. Does it point to faulty connections when both switches either work or don't work at the same time? I was also trying to think about what do both switches have in common. Is it the circuit breaker?

I'm assuming that both switches have independent wiring.

starting at the battery or starter make sure the power connections are clean and tight. Then to the pump/solenoid area. Make sure the + and - are clean and tight. Now to the solenoids,the heavy Blue(up) and Green (down) motor leads ,are they tight? The power for the solenoids comes off the main buss bar, goes thru a fuse (black rubber caps) the plug and on to the control handel switch
If you hear soft clicking and no motor running then suspect a corroded/dirty trim solenoid

Thanks. I will heading to the boat soon.

my breaker board has the soft rubber nipples. Ate those covers and how do you remove them to check the breaker?

iu

Went and checked out wiring. Auxiliary red power nut on battery was super loose. Tightened it and everything worked. Thanks everyone for your help.

Back