Logo

Tilt Trim for 1977 75HP

Thanks! Good inputs. I hadn't thought about it being the same unit as used on 115HP but it makes sense. I'll definitely try to go the route of finding a used one.

Same unit also used on 4 cylinder 50 HP models as well.----Your location ?-----Do you need the complete system or just the pump and reservoir?

I just noticed a typo in my post. I have an 85HP...not 75HP. Oddly, the 75HP parts list DOES show lift cylinders. The 85HP parts list doesn't: https://www.marineengine.com/parts/mercury-outboard-parts/850-4-cyl/4366802-thru-4831998-usa
The engine is mounted on a 1966 Boston Whaler Nauset (mahogany center console). I'm at the stage of wondering how much it will cost to add power tilt/trim, and whether it will be worth the hassle (and determining where on the transom well to mount it). The only thing I have at the moment is a couple of loose parts (2 lift cylinders 78439, bracket 45196, bracket 45195J, metal cover 45289, and a some hardware) -- but not sure any of these are right for this motor. racerone: I'm north of Boston.

Back