Logo

temp switch?

Will a bad temperature switch keep the engine from firing? 1997 Evinrude 3 cyl 35 hp? The steady alarm came on, then the motor shut down. it will crank but not fire. There was a good stream from the tell-tale.

Did you inspect / replace impeller ?-----How badly did it overheat ?-----Is this motor still running with that " Mickey Mouse " oil injection unit ?-----Have you checked all wiring to see if they are melted and touching ground anywhere?

Did you inspect / replace impeller ?-----How badly did it overheat ?-----Is this motor still running with that " Mickey Mouse " oil injection unit ?-----Have you checked all wiring to see if they are melted and touching ground anywhere?

Did not replace impeller as it was peeing very well. It was running fine and heated up suddenly. I don't think it got super hot as I could put my hand on the head for a few moments. The oil injection is gone and the motor is running with pre-mixed and a regular fuel pump. Haven't checked the wiring yet. We're pulling the pontoon out tomorrow so we can take a closer look. Is it possible that the temp switch is bad? Would that keep it from firing?

Last edited:
Back