Logo

Switching ROTATION on a PARAGON P300 Trans: '1979 23' Chris Craft

terrybrown95919

HELP!!! New guy on Forum.

Just changed out an old 305/350 on my recently acquired '79 Lancer. New engine came from a newer SeaRay. GOOD NEWS: Bolted right in. BAD NEWS: Opposite rotation!! :mad:

Good News: Called the local marine engine shop and they said they could easily reverse the rotation of the Velvet Touch Transmission to match the engine. Took it in. Two days later they called back. BAD NEWS: It is a Paragon P300 and not a VT. They said the holes didn't line up when they flipped the "plate." So they are waiting for a call back from an "expert." They said it might be cheaper to buy a different Paragon with the correct rotation.

Is there ANYONE out there who can help???? I'd sure appreciate it - Terry :confused:

Terry Brown
Brownsville, CA 95919

'79 23' Chris Craft Lancer
'90 18' SeaRay
'65 Shelby Cobra 427S/C
'47 Chevy Panel

Last edited:
Re: Switching ROTATION on a PARAGON P300 Trans: '79 23' Chris Craft

Have a look at the oil pump plate yourself. To the best of my knowledge, they should just rotate 180 degrees to obtain the opposite rotation. I know that mine are marked as such, but I never tried to install them the other way.

Sorry for the delay. Took the wife to San Fran for her birthday and just got back.

Ok, I'll take a look. Not having any real knowledge I haven't looked. Something was said about two holes not matching up which would require drilling and taping and then not really knowing if it would work. Thanks again for the input. - Terry

Back