Logo

Suzuki DT85 1988 transmission oil seal orientation

JohnSuzu

I am changing the new oil seals for drive shaft and propeller shaft.
What is the correct orientation for both places?

There are two oil seals under the water pump. I have seen the couple of different instructions...
Install both back to back(flat side side-by-side) or both seals spring side towards water pump or something else?

There are two oil seals for propeller shaft. Same story there what is the correct orientation there?

Thanks!

Back to back on both the propshaft and the driveshaft.Inside seals keep the gear lube in,outside seals keep the water out.

Thanks! Are you using the same rule for all motor brands? Unfortunately for example the boats.net exploded view is not showing details about seal orientation.

I am changing the new oil seals for drive shaft and propeller shaft.
What is the correct orientation for both places?

There are two oil seals under the water pump. I have seen the couple of different instructions...
Install both back to back(flat side side-by-side) or both seals spring side towards water pump or something else?

There are two oil seals for propeller shaft. Same story there what is the correct orientation there?

Thanks!
not meant to hijack your thread. I'm doing the task, do you have the part number for the driveshaft oil seal? couldn't find it on the parts diagram. thanks.

Back