Logo

SUZUKI DF60A Break in Question

Riverredbreast

Just reached break in hours, and was running at full throttle going up river in pretty good current when I pushed to full throttle the motor seemed to drag every couple of seconds like it was hitting resistance however when I throttled just below full it quit. I did it again and same result. So I turned around to go down river with the current and did not experience this. Just wondering if this is a Suzuki thing or did it just not like the current. Thanks

You probably hit your rev. limiter at about 6300rpms. Consult your owners manual. I can hit mine if I’m by myself and start trimming up.

Thanks for your reply! I’ve heard that from other Suzuki owners and that’s what I was thinking it was just wanted to make sure I wasnt pushing the motor too hard. I was also by myself. What does your motor do when you hit it? (I don’t have a tachometer to alert me)

I wouldn’t necessarily call it resistance. The engine will burp and fart and drop the revs to stay below the factory set limit until you back off on the throttle. Once I hit my rev. limiter I trim down a bit until I runs smoothly. I have never pushed the engine to see if it will drop to 3000rpm automatically as the manual states. If I add a passenger then I won’t hit the rev. limiter.

Back