Logo

Suzuki df60 my 2008

Torpedo

Hi,
thanks for accepting me as a member of this forum.
I am from Athens Greece.
I own a SUZUKI DF60 (four stroke) model year 2008 fixed to a 4,7 meters deep v hull RIB.
The engine had suffered from a crack in the block near the thermostat in July 2021.
The engine had only 300 hours and all the services were done according to the manual. Very disappointing fact indeed!
I had repaired the crack in the autumn of 2021. It was a rather costly repair. It costed around 2.000 Euros.
The engine had to be decomposed and then the block was send to a spe******t for engine block repairs and then all the engine parts were put together again.
Since then and for another ~40 hours the engine was working perfectly.
Last Monday, I turned it on and the engine was not working well. There were arrhythmias, not a steady noise and It was like switching off, but then It was starting over again. It did not switch off however. I turned it off and on again several times and there was no issue to start it but the problem with "arrhythmias" remained.
The issue disappears when I increase the throttle.
I checked the spark pugs and the multipliers and were OK.
There were no signs of water in the engine oil and no signs of water in the cabling system or the holes of the spark plugs.
The gasoline water filter was also OK.
I hope it is an issue of bad fuel or a gasoline feeding system problem. Maybe a hole somewhere in the tubes transferring the gasoline? A blocked gasoline filter? A failure in the gasoline pump? A piece of dust in the fuel blocking the fuel injectors?
Has anyone else owning the same engine experienced similar issues?
Any thoughts or ideas would be more than helpful.
Thank you.

Last edited:
I hope it is an issue of bad fuel or a gasoline feeding system problem. Maybe a hole somewhere in the tubes transferring the gasoline? A blocked gasoline filter? A failure in the gasoline pump? A piece of dust in the fuel blocking the fuel injectors?

Ayuh,.... I believe this, ^^^, is where you'll find the problem,......

Back