Logo

Suzuki DF30A actual fuel consumption

Charliebravo

As the thread title, I’m thinking that with a WOT rate of 9 - 10 (ish …. I can’t find the actual rate for this engine) Litres/ hour my fuel tank is looking a bit small at 25 litres, however, I am not going to be nailing the throttle at max hour on hour, just burst up to plane then back it off a bit but stay on the plane.
Wondering how owners find their fuel consumption in the real world, is there a ‘rule of thumb’ e.g my Yanmar diesel 3YM30 inboard would do 3.5 litres an hour or better, HP divided by 10, which kind of works for most sail boat engines, is there an equivalent ‘rule’ for petrol outboards?

I know that sea state, hull shape (both of them, it’s a cat) and wind all have an effect, but thinking of buying a second tank to extend the range and fun time, ….. but what size, another 25 litres 5.5 gallon tank perhaps so when one runs out it will be time to turn around and hope to get back !!!

CB

Only one test I could find and it’s for a 25ph mounted on a 16’ aluminum. Might give you a ballpark idea. I’m guessing this is a new to you boat?

Yes, new to me, and I also used the 25hp model for the WOT rate, and also halved the rate of the 60hp.
Figuring that 25L tank might give me 2 1/2 hours flat out, but due to tidal issues and a gate into the harbour I could be bobbing around for 6 hours sometimes.
CB

Hi All, I have had a DF30A since 2021, From Ireland, on a lake with 2 people, one weighed 92kgs(myself) the other 75kg, the engine weights bit over 70kg and the boat is a fletcher arrowflyte 14 foot speedboat(weighs approx 200kg)
, I filled the 25L tank I got with it full and with 2 people and the total weight of the boat being 410Kg, at about 4500 rpm all the time, it covered a distance of 122km before running out, the engine literally chugged to a stop had to fill it out on the lake

of fuel,about 32kmph all the time on the lake , so 122km going 4400rpm with 2 people, total weight 410kgs , on the plane, it has all got to fo with the weight,

I had 3 people on the boat before and its just about got on the plane, the boat is fiberglass in construction the fletcher, great engine though , ran flawlessly over the past 3 years

Link.of boat and DF30ALake video in the lake and river attached and below

River videoRiver video

Back