Logo

Suzuki DF 40. Cooling problems

Everett M

The pee sometimes spray big drops not a stream and sometimes 2 ft and sometimes 6 ft will run cool for a while then heat up I have replaced plate impeller , housing, thermostat,. I think there is a water pressure valve but so far haven't found location, appreciate some help. Thanks.

IMG_6226.jpeg

If your water pressure valve isn’t where the above screenshot shows then it will be hidden internally. Not sure where internally but I think it’s a big job to get to it. From a 2009 DF90A service manual.

Ok thanks, my motor is a 1999 , I will take side plate off and look again but only thing I saw with 2 bolts had a round plug with screw in it think it for flushing. Thank you ..

For $12 pdf can’t go wrong. I’ve purchased a couple of manuals from them, legitimate company, no extra charges on the credit card.

For $12 pdf can’t go wrong. I’ve purchased a couple of manuals from them, legitimate company, no extra charges on the credit card.
Ok, thank you

Got the service Manuel and water pressure on the 99.model is on top of water tube to big job for me. Lol. I wondering if I put 20 gal vinegar in trash can and run it a while would that cut lot of blockage out which it prolly got or that a waste of time . ?

Back