Logo

Suzuki 175 at full throttle dies and beeps 3 times

BwTX

I’m fairly new to both engines and my Suzuki 175 starts up just fine but when I run it at full throttle for 1 to 2 minutes, it suddenly shuts off power, then dies and beeps three times. I’ve had it serviced a couple of months ago and everything should be in good shape. I heard that IAC could be the culprit. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot?

Is it a 1-2 or a 2-1 code. Those codes will activate the fail safe system whereby revs are limited to 3000rpm. They should not shut the engine off. An IAC warning is 3-1 and will not activate the fail safe system. When you get into low oil pressure issues then your revs will be limited to 1000rpm and the engine will shutdown after 3 minutes. Should be a corresponding light flashing on the tachometer.

The above information is from a 2009 DF90A not your engine but the codes carry across between years and horsepower.

How is your oil level?

Thank you William. I will review the link. I think it was actually a three beep, then a long single beep then it died.

I would think the engine should start with a faulty IAC, idle would be off factory specifications. When cold the IAC allows extra air into the throttle body as the engine warms up the IAC reduces the extra air and the revs slowly decrease. At least thats how I think it works.

Back