Logo

Sierra Spark plug boots problem

gold01ca

These seem to be really poor quality ie. the spring wire terminal is way too tight to fit spark plug connection.
Any one else encountered this?
NGK right angle resistor boot a better alternative?

Thanks!

Just got this motor and started working on it and so far Sierra parts quality is suspect, coil fitment apparently an issue as well.
Appears where possible OEM BRP parts only in the future.
Thanks Kim.

Spraying the inner portion of the boot where the wire will insert with a small amount of WD40 makes the installation of the wire a easy project.

The issue is the the spring terminal is way too tight at the connection to the spark plug.
Fitting the boot and terminal was easy enough.
Thanks Joe.

The issue is the the spring terminal is way too tight at the connection to the spark plug.
Fitting the boot and terminal was easy enough.
Thanks Joe.

I take it that you're saying that the inside diameter of the coiled spring is too small to clip onto the spark plug terminal. If so, that's a first in my book and I've been with OMC from 1960 to 1991. Really a strange one!

Exactly Joe, it will fit on with great effort but way tighter than it should be.
I was surprised/disappointed at how these fit.
Thanks.

I had a similar problem with my car, when the contacts were connected to the ignition, it did not give out a spark. I tried to fix this problem myself, and as it turned out, all the voltage was accumulating in the terminals of the battery and when I connected the second terminal I was severely electrocuted. Luckily I was wearing special rubber boots that I bought at https://afterpaints.com/best-welding-boots/. Thanks to the boots, the entire charge of electricity went into the ground and I didn't get any serious injuries. Be careful and consult a spe******t.

Back