Logo

Showa or Prestolite Tilt

patiolatern

Regular Contributor
Is there a way to tell what tilt cylinder I have?
Motor is J70TLCNB and pic of tilt trim assembly

I am looking to change out seals due to leak and I read that the cylinder could be Showa or Prestolite. Maybe I am wrong but I thought I would check

TIA

Thanks for the feedback. I was trying to order seals ahead of time but I took the tilt off this morning and the part # on the back of it shows 387248 which shows as a showa. See pic
Also I took a look at the drawing and it shows Showa too. I missed this earlier because I just thought it was poorly written. It makes sense NOW. lol see pic
IMG_0172.jpeg

Thanks for the feedback. I was trying to order seals ahead of time but I took the tilt off this morning and the part # on the back of it shows 387248 which shows as a showa. See pic
Also I took a look at the drawing and it shows Showa too. I missed this earlier because I just thought it was poorly written. It makes sense NOW. lol see pic
View attachment 30884
That is a type 1 trim unit.....Showa is the Fasttrac type 2 and most parts do not interchange.
Ok I think it actually is a prestolite. I don’t have the nut and washer and looks more like the main diagram rather then this smaller note on diagram. A little frustrating since I don’t have a lot of comparisons to match up with Any tips to remove piston head?

Back