Logo

sealine 230 senator v/p 434 v6 loom issue

mcw

Contributing Member
Hi all since my last post and boat i have changed to a bigger cruiser for the family to enjoy, see has been on my drive for a year while i sort the various issue out.

Engine is a Volvo penta 434 v6 1996, with deloc dist

My one issue left is the ignition loom, the engine was running before, when i started the various engine jobs i notice several burnt out cables on the starter motor and a purple igntion loom. so i removed the damage loom and remade up new looms inplace and refiittied, but here goes my issue i have no fuel pumps running when key in postion 2, i stupidly took no photos of the way it was wired up before, i now have various wires that accornding to the maunal are not there other than the resistor that connects to the brown wire from the relay and alternator.
I have a brown wire that come in on the ignition relay and back out, according to the manual this is the feed into the resistor and connects with the purple wire to the delco ignition module which i can not find
I have another purple wire that is loose on the main engine loom connector the big black one and goes up in to the main harness on onward to the front of the helm no power to this, but if i aplly 12v to the wire i can hear a clicking realy in the kids main bedroom.

i have 2 brown wires that are comeing from the alt one is original and connected to the relay the other is the loom that i found burnt out and have replaced it.

And then i have one last purple wire that is live with ignition on, 0v when key off, this wire is originaly and according to the photo it was not used. just left hanging when i inspected the boat and engine before purchase. but the engine was running with this wire unconnected.

any ideas i have a Volvo penta maunal and the clymer manual, the clymer circuit diagrame is rubbish a waste of paper.

Ive tried to upload some pics but failed

Last edited:
Back