Logo

Sbc crusaders 84 model low hours

drphil

"Less than 390 hours on 25 yea

"Less than 390 hours on 25 year old boat. Compression great, boat great shape, one owner boat anal about maintenance. This low of hours what will be problems, were they run enough to even burn off condensation in the oil? Gas is old, carbs look like they need rebuilt, what other potential problems with motors cqn you guys anticipate for me???"

Get a survey. The surveyor wil

Get a survey. The surveyor will run the motors and tell you what's up. The old gas may need removal and replacement.

Jeff

I agree with Jeff ! Any boat

I agree with Jeff ! Any boat exposed to teh elements for 25 years will have some issues unless it was stored in a building somewhere. Surely those low hours would be great if everything else works out. I wonder when it was run last? Certainly a tuneup and associated parts is in order

"reason for selling is wife fe

"reason for selling is wife fell and broke her hip on boat. He does not want to sell, but ran last in september, 45 ft uniflite, oil analysis where can I get this done? I want to do all that I can at one time and then make offer, take it or leave it. So all suggestions are appreciated. Uniflites known for blistering, any ideas about how to deal with that, last bottom job 04, am trying to find out how many blisters they repaired at that time.. thanks for any and all help.."

"i think you should at least r

"i think you should at least replace all of the parts that can corrode or wear just from sitting like exhaust manifolds, stuffing boxes, belts and hoses, thermostat,fluid change and even a tune up just for peace of mind and safety reasons, all of which are relatively cheap and easy to do except the cost of the manifolds"

"Additionally, I would check a

"Additionally, I would check all rubber parts. Ozone oxidizes rubber; it is a matter of time and temperature; not use. Fuel lines, hydraulic hoses, water hoses exhaust hoses, belts, water pump impellers etc. Although spark wires are not rubber, it might be good to check them also.

Chuck Hanson"

"Blisters CAN be a bitc# to de

"Blisters CAN be a bitc# to deal with but grinding, filling and barrier coating will typically work well. We had a beautiful 40+ foot Hatteras at our marina that had well over 100 blisters repaired and it looked nice after the job was done BUT, the bottom paint hides a lot.

Find a good surveyor, get all of the recommendations and go from there. Blackstone Labs is who I have used over the last 4 years and my last oil analysis , I THINK was $24.00???? per sample"

"thanks for all the input, I h

"thanks for all the input, I hope to get this boat but don't want more than my share of boat problems. Break Out Another Thousand, not my idea of a boat. Have a great Holiday season."

"Phil...whether brand new or 5

"Phil...whether brand new or 50 years old, I will practically guarantee you will have issues of one kind or another. It's just part of the plan. Jeff says........"Whee, ain't boating fun ?""

Back