Logo

Running a big stereo

bagpipeswest

I read some on stereos and re

I read some on stereos and read a lot about using two batteries when using a stereo. But what about using one battery for the time being? I have a 120 hp force. and I'm running 1 deck 4 speakers 1 1000amp watt amp which powers 2 10inch subs. Can the motor take this? Will I burn something out?

"Funny you ask Brent. I'm

"Funny you ask Brent. I'm on here loking for the same info. Last week I was trolling in the lake at about 5km/h for a couple of hours with my new stereo,2 amps,fish finder,electric downriggers, and gps running. Thank god I didnt shut it off in the middle of the lake. When I returned to the dock and shut it down it did not start again due to a weak battery. The weekend before I was cruising around the lake with stereo and amps but no fish finder, gps, or downriggers. Battery was fine. Im not sure if my rpms were too low to charge while trolling or if this is simply too much stuff to run on one battery."

"well from what I read our my

"well from what I read our my 120 force put out 7amps at 35000rpm and my stereo can draw 80amps. I know i can drain my battery, but what I don't know is, can I hurt my engine."

Back