Logo

Replacing Impeller: What parts do I need? 60 HP 2003 Mercury

rjake4618

Hello,

Can some one direct me to a quality kit that contains all of the "necessary" parts I would need to replace my impeller. In other words. What other parts should I replace when I replace the impeller. If you could send me a link that would be great. I have a 2003 Mercury 60 HP 2 stroke. Serial #0T694085.
Thanks for the help. I have looked online and I don't know how many parts need to be replaced and how many parts are typically reusable. Engine runs great thanks to the help I have received from this site. Trying to keep ahead of any problems. I already have a factory manual.

Many folks will insist on a complete kit.-------And for a shop doing the work that is assurance that " we have done it right " for the customer.--------But if you are running in clean / clear water you likely will only need an impeller.------Inspect the parts before ordering replacement parts.

My opinion differs just a hair - if it hasn't been done for a while I would typically pick up a cover gasket (the one that goes between the impeller cover and the plate - costs about 3 bucks) and the seal in the cover where the driveshaft comes in (about 7 bucks) - if anything is going to "leak", those two places would be top of the list.

Back