Logo

Replace trim motor or entire hydraulic assembly

Ryanm52

So I can lift the motor up, slowly, but as soon as I let go of the switch the motor drops instantly. Hydraulic fluid is good and no visible leaks. Do I need to replace the motor or the entire assembly. About a $2200 price difference so I’m hoping just the motor. Motor is an evinrude 90hp

Manual release valve ?----Did this event occur suddenly ?
I will double check that when I get home. I bought it used last year and the dealer failed to mention it to me. I can manipulate it some with the hydraulic jack plate but I can’t plane out when there is more than just me on the boat. It’s a Carolina skiff 198 so I know it won’t be the smoothest ride in a choppy bay

Is the motor performing properly ?----With one person in the boat it should just fly I would think.----Post the model # of motor here.----Does the boat have a 25" transom ?

Is the motor performing properly ?----With one person in the boat it should just fly I would think.
With just me, it does great. I can go 31-32mph. I can tell a difference in the rpm’s when another person is on though. Are you thinking that even though the tilt/trim doesn’t work that the issues lies with under power and the hull design? More like a tri hull

So is this the correct motor for the boat ?----Measure the transom and post what you find.
It is 25” with a suggested max hp of 115. 90hp options were available. I haven’t found one with my exact motor but there are plenty with 90hp options. The previous owner put a home made hydrofoil on the motor

Back