Logo

Recommendations for Buying Marine Wire

Hello, I am rewiring my 18'6" 1996 Cajun Center console. I am looking for recommendations for where to buy all of my wiring. I of course could plan ahead and buy in bulk online but, I would rather go and pick it up at a store locally.

Autozone? West marine? Lowe's or Home Depot?

Any and all help appreciated.

You need "tinned" (or tin-coated) multi-strand wire. As far as I know, most automotive and big box stores to not carry it, and West Marine typically only has limited supplies in their stores. You will likely be best off ordering it direct from West Marine or Jamestown Distributors. Make a rough estimate of the length for each color you will need and order it in spools to cover the amount.

Last year I did a bunch of rewiring, and bought my marine wire and connectors from GenuineDealz.com. You won't have to plan ahead very much, they fill the orders very quickly, and send them priority mail from their location in Georgia. I ordered over the internet, but I'm sure they take phone orders, too. I really can't say enough good things about them and the products they sell.

2x on the genuinedealz place...if you want the ancor products.....

crimp connectors with heat shrink make the best connections..but you must use a good tool and correctly as well.

Back