Logo

Re-routing Exhaust

the_tassie_devil

Regular Contributor
G'day all,

I was wondering what your collective thoughts are on the pros and cons of re-routing the Exhaust Outlet on my Seasport 16 Gull Wing with 155 HP V6 from the Leg to directly out the Transom.

I am aware of the problems with water ingest into the engine by reverse-flow when the engine is off, but I am looking at this, but also aware of the restrictive outlet of the Exhaust going through the confines of the Stern Leg. At 4,500 rom, there is a lot of Exhaust and water trying to get out the little hole.

Anyone done this type of modification? And what improvements were obtained?

Thanks,

Bruce.

more power cause the restriction is less. Just loud as a motherf--ker, and money of course.

You can put a valve on and say coming back to the dock you can route it back thru the leg. So you don't disturb others at the dock.

I had thought about exiting the exhaust through the transom, but under water, to muffle the sound, and give the engine slight Back-pressure.

Like using droopy outlets each side, that exit just below the surface, when on the plane, so that the water still muffles the sound, but still have that "Burbling" sound when idling along.

Bruce.

Back