Logo

Quiksilver throttle/shift cable ends Merc part no. 43433

Rod MacQueen

The plastic cable ends/guides(Merc part no. 43433) that hook onto a 2001 Merc 60 2 st. Bought the boat second hand and they were cracked when I bought it.
PLEASE tell me there is a way to change those without changing the whole cable. I can't figure it out--- I have searched many times with no luck

s-l1600.jpg

No--in storage right now---its cracked through the plastic from the cable end hole(the lower hole in the photo) to the outside at about the 3 o'clock position

The end hole goes onto the ball joint on the throttle arm of the engine

The inner wire goes into a clamp, to release the wire you use 2 pairs of pliers and turn the little bolts CCW until the clamps release then pull the cable out of the plastic. To install it push the cable into the plastic guide making sure that the inner wire goes into the clamp then tighten the 2 little bolts. In your case remove the clamp assembly from the old plastic and put it into the new one.
cable-ends.jpg

I've got it gerry rigged with heavy duty zipties right now
The inner wire goes into a clamp, to release the wire you use 2 pairs of pliers and turn the little bolts CCW until the clamps release then pull the cable out of the plastic. To install it push the cable into the plastic guide making sure that the inner wire goes into the clamp then tighten the 2 little bolts. In your case remove the clamp assembly from the old plastic and put it into the new one.
View attachment 32095
Thanks for the help--no little screws on the sides of mine--looks like it was molded right onto the cable end. I have the little brass cable ends with screws to redo cable ends and the new plastic cable guide ----must have to cut them off and replace with the type you have shown. Very poor design IMO

Yours is not designed to be replaced Mr Rod as the retainer are swagged onto cable inner. Just bite the bullet and buy new cables

Back