Logo

questions on my 85 merc 7.5 hp

I bought this motor 2 years ago sat in a guys shop it was nice and shinny. so i bought it. took it home change the plugs got a new fuel cell and hoses and gas. after a couple pulls started right up im thinking great took it out it was hard to start but finally started. next trip i used my minnkota went all around a lake started getting low on charge so i went to fire up the motor no go no start. got home changed the plugs and no go asked a guy and he said fuel problem so i took the carb off cleaned every thing but tore the gasket going between the block and the carb i thought it will be fine. i cleaned all the parts and whiped off the gaskets in the diaphram. cleaed the screen where the fuel enters the diaphram. i sprayed it with starting fluid and got it to go for a couple seconds til the started fluid ran out i guess but thats really it can this be cus the diaphram gasket or something. i took the cap off the fuel cell cus i thought it was a vent i even ran the line directly in the tank. need help please help

Back