Logo

Pulled this from Barn

split123

Hello,

I pulled this from a barn. Everything in the barn is being tossed. But I put this aside thinking there might be people interested in an old outboard like this.
Does this have any value?
What year would you guess?

DSC06251b.jpg

Last edited:
Well, when I was a teen, we used to pull 2 skiers with one of these on an old wood boat. it would run all day never a problem. would make a good fishing motor!

I believe the Johnson logo written in script makes a 1958 model. Look in the barn for the two hose fuel tank which came with this motor. The tanks are sometimes more valuable than the motor itself. It is also a short shaft motor meant for mounting on a 15 inch transom.

I believe the Johnson logo written in script makes a 1958 model. Look in the barn for the two hose fuel tank which came with this motor. The tanks are sometimes more valuable than the motor itself. It is also a short shaft motor meant for mounting on a 15 inch transom.
There were two tanks in the barn. They are the right color, the right shape, the right material. One has a Mercury logo, the other is unmarked.

That is a 1958. You can tell by the unique color styling. A beautiful motor when restored. Lots of guys would like to have it, but don't think you can retire on the profits. If you want to sell it, post an ad on the Antique Outboard Club's website www.aomci.org The ad is free. Be sure to list your location. They have members all over the U.S. and many other countries.

Back