Logo

ProV 150G Control relay wire identification

1ton

Contributing Member
The control relay has a small lite green wire with what looks like a diode in the middle and a black wire on the other end. The thing in the middle is blown. Is it a diode, some sort of fuse or what? Can it be repaired? Pic wont upload. Thanks for any help. O yes. 6j9 305220 ser#

The control relay has a small lite green wire with what looks like a diode in the middle and a black wire on the other end. The thing in the middle is blown. Is it a diode, some sort of fuse or what? Can it be repaired? Pic wont upload. Thanks for any help. O yes. 6j9 305220 ser#

It is a diode.

No repair but the diode can be replaced.

The blue wire should have a similar diode.

Not your model motor but here is a photo of the diodes from another Yamaha service manual. This one uses a diode assembly whereas yours seems to have separate diodes.

I figured that's what it was and yes the blue wire has a diode as well. If I knew what type/kind of diode I could find and soldier a new one in. The T&T works. Just not quite right. Leaks down overnight too. Couldn't find a leak. Probably low on fluid. I really appreciate the help. Sometimes its hard to explain a problem for others to understand. Thanks again. Will

I see from the diagram the diode direction is from ground to the colored wires. Thanks again:cool:

Last edited:
Back