Logo

Props and running gear

doubleg

ive been checking online for i

ive been checking online for info on how to go about properly protecting my props and running gear with prop paint. i have found many products and im a bit overwhelmed. does anyone have any recommendations on which brand is best? im looking for a clear product for stainless steel shafts and brass props in a saltwater enviroment. any how-to tips would be greatly appreciated. thank you for any and all help.

"brass props??? how about bron

"brass props??? how about bronze ones?

If you use your boat frequently, you really don't need to spend painting props or shafts...motion is the best method to keep things from growing on it.

Propspeed is a pretty good product but isn't cheap. the directions must be followed to the letter or things won't work well. I haven't done it but know several who have made the investment.

If that breaks the bank, the interlux stuff works well on the shafts, struts and rudders. I never used it on the props so can't comment there."

My props are bronze and not co

My props are bronze and not coated and never had any build up on them. As far as my running gear; I use Petit's metal primer and SeaHawk Hard ablative paint. My bottom is also hard ablative. So far I have been very pleased of it's performance - going on 2-1/2 seasons with very little touch-up.

Back