Logo

PROP Replacement Help Needed

Janine N Robert

I have an Aluminum Prop with some damage on my 75hp Mercury Force 2 stroke. Size is 10d x 15p. I am getting 26mph at 5300. I want to replace prop but have a couple of questions. I am interested in speed. First purchased boat used and this is prop on it. Is 10in Diameter small for my engine. As I see 60hp with bigger props? Second I found a 10.5 x 15p SS prop for $ 235.00 to include hub and a Aluminum 10.5 x 15P for $ 145.00. I know speed has to take many things into consideration but is spending the extra money going SS worth it. I am going to get a few more MPH out of it and if so, am I looking at 5 mph or less? Any help is greatly appreciated. The decision would be much easier it I could try it out first but all companies I found is once put on boat no refund.

thank you for that and from performance I think I have the right prop size. I want to stay at 5300 WOT like its running right now. But is SS that much of a difference in props to get me more speed. With the damage to my prop I know just replacing it there will be more speed. Question may be impossible to answer but I dont know that why I ask.

I have found that changing from aluminum to SS mostly just improves the hole shot and adds a little power throughout the RPM band due to the reduction in bade flex. SS prop cost and repair is 3X aluminum.

Back