Logo

Prop rehub.

haventaclue

Outstanding Contributor
Idle curiosity,what is the going rate for a prop rehub,standard aluminium 13 1/4 x 19" x 15 spline.I just curious as I have been priced almost the price of a new prop this side of the Atlantic and if I need any work on the blades,it will go over the price of a new one.

Fact is that labour in a small shop now is way more than what robots in a big factory charge.-----Shipping from overseas in a big container is just pennies too.

Fact is that labour in a small shop now is way more than what robots in a big factory charge.-----Shipping from overseas in a big container is just pennies too.
Very true.Standard service on my poor old '02 Skoda hits the €175/$220+ mark.Still do it myself though.I can't even guess what an outboard service would cost,too far to travel to the nearest Mercury dealer or anyone who fiddles with outboards.
Would a prop shop sell the hub and let the buyer fit it themselves or is it a trade secrete? Just wondering in case any of my Yankee relations might be making the trip over sometime soon.
It's not that I don't have a couple of props with the Flo Torq centre,but they are three blades and just keeping the old two blade for the look.

Back