Logo

Prop question

jsaylor

New to me 2005 nissan 50 hp TLDI, just purchased used once. The white prop that was on the engine is 11.1 X 11, the spare prop is a 11. X 13, which would be more to my liking (gray). I ran the engine (on muffs) with the spare prop (gray) put in gear and it has a terrible clicking/clanking/rattling noise (without consistency) in either reverse or forward gear. Then put the original (white prop) on and it was very quiet in gear. Took the boat out on the river with the noisy prop (gray) put in gear and lots of vibration took a little spin and the faster I went the less vibration. Haven't taken the boat out yet with the original (white) prop yet, will when the weather clears and hope for no vibration?
There are no makers marks on either prop. The (gray) one the make all the noise looks perfect (no nicks, not even scratched, upon inspection I can't see any differences between the two. I'm not new to boats and have had over 25 boats in my lifetime and never seen anything like this.. Any ideas? Sure am hoping when I try the white prop there isn't any noise.
Thanks for any help..PS If all goes well when I test drive with the white prop, does any one have a suggestion on props for this engine as I liked the performance of the gray one which is a 13 pitch 30 mph WOT was 5100.

Attachments

• gray.jpg
    gray.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 0
  • white.jpg
    white.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 0
Back