Logo

Problem with 2007/2006 mercruiser 4.3 Drive Port side

pantherdk

Back in 2007 we bought a Larseon Cabrio 290 with 2 Mercruiser 4.3 engine and Braw III Zdrives.
We did this in denmark were we live and have found out that these boats orriginally was ment for the american market, this itself is not the problem.

4 weeks ago Port Side engine/drive suddently when sailing made a noise and entire boat felt strange, like we hit something, the water was 12 meter deep and we didnt hit anything.

sailed it to harbor on starboard engine only.

Our Boat mechannic find what is wrong, and its the clutch that are totally ruined and also the drive itself is ruined inside.
The boat engine/drive have around 95 hours on it and serviced correctly.

Now our mechannic have 1 more boat with excactly the same problem, not a larson but a mercury 2007 and again port side engine/drive.
Also a boat that could have been original for the american market..
This boat only have around 40 hours on each engine

Our Boat guy tells me that the port engine always drive in reverse(or how you say it) and the Starboard alway go forward.
We now have a teori that this maybe could be a mercury malfunction with the 2007 model 4.3 when it have to always run reverse..

We are getting no help from the old seller of the boat and mercury Europe are closed like a clam..

Have anyone here heard about mercury have problem with 2007 engines and especially the 4.3 and in a configuration with 2 engines...

We think this could be in only a small numbers of engines/drives and that this maybe could be more common to boats sold in the US becase maybe this batch of Drives original was destinated for the US..

I hope someone can help if they have information about this.

Thanks..

with 2 Mercruiser 4.3 engine and Braw III Zdrives.

Ayuh,..... I'm guessin' you mean 4.3l motors, 'n Bravo III drives,...

If so,... The motors are standard lefthand motors,...

The Bravo drives can be run in either direction,...

Haven't heard of yer problem,... Maybe others have,...

Yes your right..

Standard motors the port drive is totally ruined inside, when they finally change it i get picture but they say its one big mess inside.

Back