Logo

Price on a b90 Johnson 200 HP lower unit

S

Salter

Can somebody tell me what the

Can somebody tell me what the going price for a lower unit for a 1990 200 HP Johnson is? Thanks in advance.
Salter

I have good used 20" one

I have good used 20" one including a new pump for $500.00. Plus $30.00 shipping.

" Believe it or not, a new gea

" Believe it or not, a new gearcase assembly without an upper driveshaft or water pump retails for about $3000.00 ! About five years ago, they were about 1500.00. Strangely, OMC, Yamaha, and Mercury all doubled the price of their gearcases at the same time. By the way, the OMC/Bombardier gearcase comes unpainted. "

" Salter,

Ricks offe

" Salter,

Ricks offer is reasonable. For private sale working condition lower units of that vintage (or complete parts engines with good lower units) the going rate is between $200 - $800 in my area. Much of the price depends on if the engine has been lost and forgotten or actually pulled off, cleaned up and set aside for sale. At a local salvage yard they would try and get you for $800 - $1500 (they roughly charge 50% of new), but that's a lower unit that has been well inspected, with a short warranty.

Jon "

" Thanks for the replies. Thi

" Thanks for the replies. This is a great board!

Rick, thanks for the offer, but I was only looking for info at this time. "

Back