Logo

Powering down from full throttle to idle one of my engines dies and will not restart

tompod

"I have two 2006 375 HP, gas,

"I have two 2006 375 HP, gas, fuel injected inboard Crusader engines. When I power down from full throttle to idle one of my engines dies and will not restart for several hours. Sometimes I can keep it from quitting when I power down ever so painstakenly slowly and gradually over about five minutes. Sometimes I can get it to restart if while turning the ignition I throw the shifters forward well beyond idle. The gauges indicate the engine is not overheated. It happens every time and is so specific certainly someone has encountered this before. My mechanics have struggled and even Crusader has not been helpful. There has been talk of the idle sensor, low/high fuel pump, the water to that pump, vapor lock..."

Do you have a way of measuring

Do you have a way of measuring fuel pressure close to the injectors? Is the fuel hose running very close to the exhaust manifold?
Someone will chime in shortly with ideas on reading fault codes.

I'd start with the code ch

I'd start with the code check. If none then you can start looking at the non-computer controlled items or check the sensors for abnormal readings.

A service manual will help determining what is/isn't under computer control. a factory manual will also give you nominal values for each sensor.

Back