Logo

powerhead removal

gkplt

1993 mercury 175 removing the powerhead to replace the corroded steering arm and the powerhead will not move. I have removed the lower unit disconnected or removed all required parts (10 nuts and washers). There is corrosion on the 4 side studs and I am thinking that it is the problem but not sure. Hoping that the 1993 motor has that one nut or bolt that is not in the manual.

Thanks

They CAN be stubborn! I find that hanging the entire motor from a chainfall ahd shaking it sideways tends to free the power head from the tower.

Jeff

have had a cherry picker connected to lifting eye for the past two days with constant pressure applied and standing on tower rear protrusion and hoping up and down not a budge. going to remove lower tower mount bolts and shake away.

Thanks

been using it for the last two days on studs. cut out the bolts to lower mounts and removed and have been shaking tower back and forth trying to remove it not even a tiny seperation. think someone must of had it apart before and used super glue to reassemble. thanks for help. time to break out the big hammer and die grinders.

Back