Logo

Power Pilot issues

Chris2029

New to this forum. I have a 76 Evenrude motor with the power pilot. It won’t go forward but will go into reverse. I have replaced both cables and greased the power pilot. It shifts fine at the motor. But it will not go forward. I didn’t see any damage or broken parts in it. Any ideas what could be wrong. Another question I had. Can I use a different power pilot from another year or model. Mine has the warm up lever on it. So I’m assuming I will need one with that option. Any ideas would be helpful

Any control . Johnson / Evinrude with the big red plug will work.-----Is the shift rod height set correctly ??-----Model # of your motor ?

55643e is the number on the motor. I’m not sure if it is or not. It worked when I bought the boat. Then stopped. The cable was stuck so thought that was it. So replaced both and still same issue

Any control . Johnson / Evinrude with the big red plug will work.-----Is the shift rod height set correctly ??-----Model # of your motor ?
55643e is the number on the motor. I’m not sure if it is or not. It worked when I bought the boat. Then stopped. The cable was stuck so thought that was it. So replaced both and still same issue

Back