Logo

Please help with overheating

brenna_8

We have a 1986 bayliner with a volva penta engine in it, Jeff, my fiance, would like to know if there is an impeller in the lower outdrive, and he also wants to know if there is a right way or a wrong way to put in the impeller; does it spin to the left or does it spin to the right? Please help us I can't take this everyday looking on here for answers since he is computer illiterate!!! And really doesn't know anything about boats this is his first boat we have had it for 5 years and in the 5 years everytime that the boat is in the water it overheats and we have replaced the manifold the impeller and it is still overheating please help us!!!THanks

go to volvopenta.com and find the blow up break down of your engine.There you will find part of your answers,i am looking more!!if i find somthing i will let you know.

To answer your original question, there is no impeller in the lower unit. The impellers are pulled out more than they are rotated out. Have you also replaced the risers along with the manifolds? What about the thermostat? There could be any number of things that could cause the overheating. We need to know more about the engine and drive combo in your boat. There should be metal tags on the engine and drive that identify it. Look for those and post it here. Also, have him get a seloc or volvo manual. There are many good troubleshooting steps in there that will be invaluable in solving your problem.

Back