Logo

Plastic 90 degree elbow on bottom of fuel bowl. 1982 90hp

Mawnee

Anyone know where I can track down this part? When I squeeze the primer bulb it is spraying fuel all over the place. It seems to have slipped between the schematics. It isnt with the carb, intake or fuel pump parts. Motor is an 82 Evinrude E90TLCNB

Thank you in advance for any advice :)

Carbs.jpg

Carbs2.jpg

Ahh, I was afraid that would be the answer. I've seen mention on other engines of people doing that or buying a whole new bowl. I'll tap it out and install a permanent solution. Thanks for the input :)

Just an update for those who search for this problem. I have updated both my carbs using 1/8 NPT fittings you can get from any Advanced Auto, Autozone, Napa, ect. I just removed the old fitting and drill and tapped a 1/8 npt hole. There was plenty of meat there to drill it out, but you want to go slow, keep it lubed and cut clean. It took a 90 elbow and a barb fitting for each carb. The parts cost me under $2 each for a total of $8 to fix both carbs. The Advance Auto part numbers are 323312.1(5/16" barb x 1/8 npt) and 321162.1(90 degree elbow 1/8 npt male x 1/8 npt female).

carbfix1.jpg

Carbfix2.jpg

Great job, wish i did both of mine. I only replaced one that was leaking. Mine was a brass elbow, I reamed and pressed the new brass one in with a bit of locktite to help seal.

Having same issue with my 1996 Johnson 112. Would love to change to brass fitting. I know diameter of hose side but not confident in diameter of push fitting. Will the brass fitting used for Harley’s fit? Any info will help

Back