Logo

Owners Manual & Winterize Help 1972 Johnson 50HP

ric in alberta

I purchased a 50 hp Johnson (pull start) outboard motor Model #50ESL72C this year and I do not
know enough about the winterizing procedure to be confidant that this model will not be damaged
over our Canadian winter.
I didn't get the owners manual with the motor and it would be great if someone could email me a copy, if you have one available.
I have already tried looking up winterizing and have understood part of what should be done but I didn't understand everything, as this is the first motor I have ever owned.
ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED BUT PLEASE KEEP IN MIND I MAY NOT UNDERSTAND SOME OF THE TERMINOLOGY.
THANKS
Ric in Alberta

Check lower unit -if water is present then now is the time drain and reseal the unit.---------------Spray storage oil in the carburetors while running the fuel out.------------Store motor in the normal running position.--------Water drains out of the engine itself.

Thanks for the info kimcrwbr1, it's probably not worth buying the owners manual & I will look into the repair manual.
I did not realize how old the motor was when I bought the boat and now I am wondering if I should keep the motor as
parts may not be available.
If one of the members does have a copy of the owners and it isn't too long I would still love to have a copy.

Back