Logo

over heat problem1988 50hp

fixitman

Regular Contributor
Just bought a 1988-Bayliner with a 50 HP Force Motor . After letting it run for awhile , the over heat buzzer came on . replaced the impeller and the buzzer still comes on . Any advice ?

Re: over heat problem

If the pump is installed right and all the pipes are connected.You need to run that in a DEEP bucket or have the right muffs.The ones with big circles for muffs won't work right.
The right ones look like that someone cut off about an inch on both sides of both muffs.
Sorry I can't find a picture anywhere.J

What I should have said is that it runs good in a tank , but still over heats . It does just like on a car when the thermostat is stuck .

Well fix it man I don't usually do this but you started it.You evidently have NEVER worked on an outboard.Especially this one.I have worked on hundreds of them.
99.999% of outboards have thermostats.The copper tube from the pump to the head is in all Forces.
May be you should stick to reading and not post.Everyone on here post from their experience.I have lots.
I NEVER CRITISIZE ANYONE on anything they post.Maybe you should learn more then post.
If you disagree then post from your experience.Keep your opinions about my post to your self.J

Go to boats.net Key in your year and model#. It will show you anything you need.Also one of the cheaper places to buy parts.J

Back