Logo

Optimax compressor DIY parts

captdale

For all you DIY guys out there, here is a list of DIY parts for the Optimax compressor. You will have to verify that the p.n. are correct. I checked them carefully but hey, you never know. Cheap enough but keep in mind there is a guy in Fla. that will do a complete compressor repair for about $450.

Rod bearing crank end Sch 1010 ebay for about $8
Rod bearing wrist pin B810 ebay for about $5 **
Main shaft bearing next to crank KBC 6304HL ebay for $9-$26
Main shaft bearing 8303D ebay for about $10
Main shaft seal 2607RC , SKF9934 ebay for about $6
"O" ring kit is about $19 from happiemac marine parts
new reed plate assy is about $176 from happiemac

I can get new compression rings for about $18 but can't locate source for the oil scraper rings.

** If wrist pin is pitted you can use a torrington IR-1012 which is same i.d./o.d. but has a inner race

These things are a PITA to take apart/put together without the proper tools etc. I was able to do it but the $450 is looking better all the time. CD

CORRECTIONS: Got some things reversed. There are probably other options out there but I could not find them. For all you DIY guys out there, here is a list of DIY parts for the Optimax compressor. You will have to verify that the p.n. are correct. I checked them carefully but hey, you never know. Cheap enough but keep in mind there is a guy in Fla. that will do a complete compressor repair for about $450.

**rod big end (crank) bearing is: .625" o.d., .875" i.d., .635" wide

Rod bearing crank end Sch 1010 ebay for about $8 ** This is the big end of the rod.
Rod bearing wrist pin B810 ebay for about $5
Main shaft bearing next to crank KBC 6304HL ebay for $9-$26
Main shaft bearing 8303D ebay for about $10
Main shaft seal 2607RC , SKF9934 ebay for about $6
"O" ring kit is about $19 from happiemac marine parts
new reed plate assy is about $176 from happiemac

I can get new compression rings for about $18 but can't locate source for the oil scraper rings.

** If crank rod journal is pitted you can use a torrington IR-1012 which is same i.d./o.d. but has a inner race

These things are a PITA to take apart/put together without the proper tools etc. I was able to do it but the $450 is looking better all the time. CD​

Back