Logo

Optimax 150 2004 Water pressure problems

molo_30

Hi guys,

I am hoping someone can help me. I have issues with my opti 150 going into guardian when I try to get on the plane. The smartcraft guage is telling me 'H20 Pressure 0 psi'.

I have replaced:

1. Water pressure sensor
2. Poppet valve
3. Thermostat
4. Water pump

I still have 0 psi even though I have a very strong stream from the telltale. Any ideas?

Here is a video I took of the line to the sensor when idling.

Try grounding the sensor wire to the block and see if that eliminates the problem. If so, the new sensor is bad--it happens. If grounding it does nothing, the computer is screwed up.

Jeff

If that still doesn't help you, you can look for a blockage in the water channel to the heads.

The tell-tale gets it's "feed" from the water stream that cools the compressor, NOT the heads. So it's entirely possible to have a good tell tale and still be getting no water to the heads.

The next "take off" down stream is the fuel cooler - so you can pull the feed from the fuel cooler and see if there is water at least that far.

Then the water continues on to the heads, so there could still be a blockage downstream of the fuel cooler - the sensor is "next in line" to get water after the fuel cooler hose - so you can troubleshoot at least that far..

If that still doesn't help you, you can look for a blockage in the water channel to the heads.

The tell-tale gets it's "feed" from the water stream that cools the compressor, NOT the heads. So it's entirely possible to have a good tell tale and still be getting no water to the heads.

The next "take off" down stream is the fuel cooler - so you can pull the feed from the fuel cooler and see if there is water at least that far.

Then the water continues on to the heads, so there could still be a blockage downstream of the fuel cooler - the sensor is "next in line" to get water after the fuel cooler hose - so you can troubleshoot at least that far..

Thanks for that. The video I posted shows the stream out of the line to the pressure sensor. Does it look sufficient for idle?

The flow "looks" decent but really difficult to judge - kinda like looking at a car going down the road - is it doing 40 or 60 mph??

The tell-tale gets it's "feed" from the water stream that cools the compressor, NOT the heads....The next "take off" down stream is the fuel cooler - so you can pull the feed from the fuel cooler and see if there is water at least that far. Then the water continues on to the heads, so there could still be a blockage downstream of the fuel cooler - the sensor is "next in line" to get water after the fuel cooler hose -
The fuel cooler gets water first and then compressor and out "P" indicator, there is a strainer in adapter plate that keep large debris out of system. The heads get their water from internal block feed and hose on t-stat's dump back into adapter plate. The sensor is not affected by any of the above as it gets its pressure reading directly from divider plate. A blockage in nipple from debris (fairly common) to sensor will cause this along with restriction in divider plate. That a fair stream from sensor but it should be a bit stronger as water forced thru smaller dia line than "P" indicator. Suggest you replace impeller and clean nipple. If still not function have PCM read as could have bad wiring harness connection or PCM fault.

Hi guys,

I am hoping someone can help me. I have issues with my opti 150 going into guardian when I try to get on the plane. The smartcraft guage is telling me 'H20 Pressure 0 psi'.

I have replaced:

1. Water pressure sensor
2. Poppet valve
3. Thermostat
4. Water pump

I still have 0 psi even though I have a very strong stream from the telltale. Any ideas?

Here is a video I took of the line to the sensor when idling.

Hi molo did you end up finding out what the issue was

Back